If you’re the ‘sustainable friend’ in the friend group, you know how difficult holiday shopping can be. Not only are you stressing about finding gifts, you’re also bogged down by climate anxiety and overconsumption-induced dread!
But no one wants to be the Scrooge who doesn’t give anything at all… Here are 10 sustainable gift ideas that will keep your friends and family happy, while turning them on to some pretty cool eco-friendly brands.
1. Flannel Pajama Set ($95) or Flannel Pajama Pants ($85) from Pact. Pact makes basics from 100% Organic Cotton in Fair Trade facilities.
2. Pip Hoops ($38) from Baleen. Baleen makes jewelry from recycled metal in a zero waste facility in Seattle, WA.
3. Lip-to-Lid Balmies ($36) from Axiology Beauty. Axiology makes zero waste and vegan cosmetics.
4. Refillable Essentials ($46) or Dewy Balm ($12) from The Rebrand. The Rebrand makes refillable and sustainable skincare in the Bay Area.
5. Phone Case ($39) from Pelacase. Pela makes compostable phone cases.
6. Scrunchies ($15) from Kooshoo (available at Package Free Shop). Kooshoo makes hair ties from Organic cotton and natural rubber.
7. Manifestation Journal ($24) from Aya Paper Co (available at Package Free Shop). Aya makes stationery items from recycled paper and metal.
8. The Entire Collection: 6 Wines ($115) from Obvious Wines. Obvious Wines creates vegan and sustainably-sourced wines without the snobbery.
9. Holiday Medley Truffles ($7.99) from Alter Eco Chocolate. Alter Eco makes chocolate based in regenerative agriculture, and uses compostable and recyclable packaging.
10. 12 oz Coffee Flask ($29.95) from Hydroflask. Get your friends on that reusable mug train!
Leave a comment